Two fine ass black men on a mission to up hold the ideals of fierceness and hotness from the streets of Jacksonville to the cities of the world. And if you are fierce you will be celebrated as you deserved, but beware if you look, act, smell, or sound like a hot mess, you will be ASSASSINATED!(Verbally, not fo realz!)

Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Day of Thanks!


I am sitting here watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and about to help my mom cook dinner. But after last nights (still on going) drama in Mumbai, I am really thankful and blessed today. Last night I was mad and tired and stressed from work and lack of money and when I was ready to come home and bitch about it, I saw the news(The BBC version because they show everything!), I was thrown deep into reality. All the issues in your life many seem major and life changing, but somewhere in the world their problems are life ending. So this Thanksgiving lets not just get stuffed with food, but with the blessings and thanks that you are breathing. Like from my favorite Gay movie about Mormons and sex - Latter Days:
Well, when I was a little kid, I use to put my nose right up to them. And I was just amazed because it looked like this mass of dots, and none of it made sense until I pulled back. Life looks like that mass of dots to me sometimes. None of it makes any sense, but I like to think that, from God's perspective, life, everything - even this - make sense. It's not just dots. Instead we're all connected, and it's beautiful and funny and good. This close we can't expect it to make sense, not right now.

Posted By Peaches:

*Side Note: Happy Thanksgiving from Peaches & Skittles!! For all our Native Americans, I am sorry for celebrating on a day you were jacked, we were slaves and couldn't help you handle your lite weights. For all our Non-USA readers, Happy Thursday!

0 comments: