Two fine ass black men on a mission to up hold the ideals of fierceness and hotness from the streets of Jacksonville to the cities of the world. And if you are fierce you will be celebrated as you deserved, but beware if you look, act, smell, or sound like a hot mess, you will be ASSASSINATED!(Verbally, not fo realz!)

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hot Traxx of the Moment: Janelle Monae & Solange


OK I know few may know Janelle or know her from appearances on tracks for Outkast. But I totally just relearned her after listening to her debut album "The Chase Suite" which I haven't stop listening to and this song "Sincerely, Jane" has just blown my mind Beijing style and its has been on repeat. I love her futuristic but not overly techno sound and her dramatic and yet poetic voice and lyrics. I hate to say it but I was all up Solange and Lady GaGa album ass, but now its all about Janelle. Get her album and if your still not convinced, take a listen:
Sincerely, Jane - Janelle Monae

Posted By: Peaches!



OMG! I cannot believe Ms. Solange is finally back and bringing it in every positive way. I have to admit I was hating on her after her debacle of a first album but this second album "Sol-Angel and the Hadley Street Dreams" (OUT NOW!!! and you will love it) blows the other away! Her sound, voice, and attitude is on-point this time around and she better be recognized as Solange from now on and not B's Lil Sis! This song off the album (6 0'Clock Blues) is a pure modern Motown love song! See live performance here!


Posted by Skittles

0 comments: