Two fine ass black men on a mission to up hold the ideals of fierceness and hotness from the streets of Jacksonville to the cities of the world. And if you are fierce you will be celebrated as you deserved, but beware if you look, act, smell, or sound like a hot mess, you will be ASSASSINATED!(Verbally, not fo realz!)

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

STAR TREK was AWESOME!


That movie "broke the muthaf**kin dawn on dat ass" (I was obligated to put that line in for you RuPaul, Michelle Williams, and Peaches) but I digress. Sorry for not writing about it last night but I had to calm down my adrenaline rush from seeing it at the advanced screening event. More on it all after the click

Okay!, so let get the obvious out of the way so I can get to the good shit. Peaches got us some free advanced screening tickets to the Tinseltown event. As you may guess, the place was packed and we just got there in time to catch some "eyeballs to the screen seats" since all the others were taken. The movie was supposed to start at 7:30pm but since a movie theater representative and a comic book store owner had to talk to everyone for a while, it didn't start until 8. I have only been to one other advanced screening which was Ju-On 2 and they gave out free stuff, so I was a little disappointed that an already free local newspaper was being handed out like it was something exclusive! BOOO! But once the screen came on, it was all worth it.

Now the good shit! Right from the beginning of the movie, it was sexy action space battles in your face. All the major emotions went through me before the title appeared (which was hot by itself). If the movie had ended there, it still would have been hot shit. I can't even think of a time in the movie where it got boring or unappealing. The acting was great, the graphics were off the charts, and the story line was really good. NO DISAPPOINTMENTS on this flick. I'm not really a Star Trek follower but you don't have to be with this film (but if you are an expert then you may catch little things that us non-followers don't). From what I heard, there were a few surprising cameos (some that are really obvious and few I didn't catch until looking at the ending credits) but its nothing to freak out about. Even though the screening was free, I am definitely going back and paying money to watch it again cuz it was sooo worth it. All I'm wondering now is.... Do you think there will be a sequel???
GO AND SEE IT ASAP, like the day it officially comes out. I think its tomorrow or Friday. In the meantime, go to the website www.startrekmovie.com!! Live long and prosper bitches.

Posted by Skittles

0 comments: